Friday, April 11, 2008

Reading Suggestions Requested

Now this is something that I know y'all can help with. A reader asks:
I’m needing some suggestions for books for my 13-year-old son. He’s gone through Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, and now all of Tolkien. He really needs to get out of the fantasy genre and I’m not exactly willing to trust his English teacher on choices. I’ve found some of her suggestions contain language and situations that I don’t approve. I’m sure there must be other parents out there with the same problem.

My son is an advanced reader, but not an enthusiastic one. I did have him read “Night” by Elie Wiesel and he was quite moved by it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to think about this question and have suggested that she check Semicolon's place for ideas as she is a dedicated reader and reviewer for younger readers.

Ideas and suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment