Tuesday, December 2, 2008

If My Life Were A ...

... Short Story

... Play

... Poem

... Novel

Then which ones would it be?

Back to the little game that Enbrethiliel was playing which took my fancy but which I couldn't get back to until now after doing the poem section.

I don't want to risk never getting back to it so I will finish now. Except for the play, which I am still pondering because I don't get out to plays much.

Novel: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I, too, was hardhearted and rather sour like Mary until she entered the secret garden and learned the secret of looking out for something besides oneself. As I mentioned a while back in a somewhat round about way.

Short Story: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber. This isn't exactly the same as Walter Mitty used fantasy to escape the harsh reality of a nagging wife. I am not using fantasy but doesn't every Christian have that interior sense of a dual reality? They see things (if they can or are lucky) through Heaven's eyes, they offer prayers, they look at motives and actions filtered through a completely different reality from the secular world. If that makes sense, then you're there with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment