Friday, December 26, 2008

Santa Was Very Good to Me

Oh so many riches ... Crabtree & Evelyn soap and lotion, the second season of 30 Rock, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog dvd ... and much more.

The two biggies though came from Tom.

The Soda Club fountain jet which allows me to make my favorite orange flavored sparkling water whenever I want. Woohoo! He splurged on a big scale so we have many flavors as well as cola samples to try. The diet root beer was pronounced adequate but with a flavoring amount adjustment needed for the next batch. (I see it all was gone within a few hours anyway.)

The peacock blue Malibu knitting bag is a true luxury as I have canvas tote bags for my knitting. This put a severe test to Tom's tenacity as he managed to track down an actual retailer carrying the bag (the manufacturer doesn't sell these themselves). Talking over the requirements for color and bag model with a cheerful saleswoman on the phone he found that they were sold out. Peacock blue was available but not in the right model. The right model was available but only in Charcoal. He said, "You don't understand. These requirements are exact." She laughed heartily in sympathy and said, "My husband is going through the same thing right now!"

The result is that he very creatively put together a big printout of the bag and we will go to the shop together in a few days to see what is available. That really is the best anyway as I can actually see the bags and it is a new knitting store to discover. So dangerous ... a knitting store. Yet so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment