Monday, April 20, 2009

There's Nothing Like a Loving Husband

I did a back-to-back turnaround to Springfield with my mother. As the second one in two weeks, the way back was a bit rough but nothing that was too horrible. I remain grateful to McDonald's McCafe lattes for providing good tasting caffeine and to my favorite podcasts for giving me engaging listening material. Both are key to the long drive alone.

Best of all, when I got home at about 8:00 on Saturday evening, Tom had dinner waiting. And a candlelit table. With flowers.

My heart melted.

And he had my favorite ice cream for later.

What a guy!

As well, yesterday became the "Day of Julie" as he catered to my every whim so I could recover. I had copious podcasting time, he went to the grocery store, and then we had Thai take-out while we caught up on the last couple of weeks of House, Life, and 30 Rock.

Ahhhh, is it any wonder that I am refreshed today? (Though not, as you may notice, blogging much ...).

I'll be back on track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment