Friday, September 18, 2009

David Bowie Extras Friday

The Anchoress had a bad day yesterday and she worked out of it by groovin' with David Bowie.

I, too, have a fondness for David Bowie although my thoughts turned more to his guest spot on Ricky Gervais' Extras. The best bit of that was the "behind the scenes" interview at the end, but I couldn't find that so here is part of the Extras turn. Not exactly the feel -good of "Let's Dance" but it made me laugh.



I am assuming that most people know Extras was a British sitcom about an actor and his best friend who is are professional extras in films and television programs. It got a bit dark toward the end but I found it very enjoyable. A good part of the fun was in seeing big stars play themselves completely at odd with public perceptions (one must also assume that it is completely at odds with reality ... these actors are all good eggs).

One of my favorite bits featured Ian McKellan.



Here's another with Orlando Bloom (a touch of bad language in here, btw).



I could go on and on ... but I see that I already have!

No comments:

Post a Comment