Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jeremiah, tell me 'bout the fire.

It's been a while since I featured this instead of letting it rest in the sidebar but this was echoing in my mind after listening to the Sunday reading from Jeremiah.

Yep. It's time for a little dose of Jeremiah via Sara Groves ... via Rose.

For those who don't know, I will add that Rose did this video for a religion class assignment in high school.



It reminds me of just how glad I was to be "duped." For as the Lord tells Jeremiah (Jer. 29:11):
I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope.
Indeed, I have found it to be so.

2 comments:

  1. My biggest struggle as of late is knowing that God has a perfect plan for us - for my daughter - but not knowing exactly what that plan is! I think I told you about Ella having heart surgery back in May? Well, she's back in the hospital, has been placed on the transplant list, and is waiting for a new heart....

    Of course, we are praying A LOT! We are asking Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha to intercede for Ella, that Ella be miraculously healed. It's just such a struggle trusting that God's plan and will for her life are perfect. He loves Ella infinitely more than we ever could. I just wish sometimes that I could see the big picture. But then again, I should be asking for stronger faith and great trust, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, or maybe for the peace that passes understanding ... the ability to just rest in God's arms? I'm praying for you ...

    ReplyDelete