Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Long Wait is Almost Over

Ten years ago, Ignatius Press released the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible: The Gospel of Matthew, which included the RSV translation of Matthew along with a commentary by Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch. I immediately snatched it up and have referred to it often over the years.

However, I quickly realized that Ignatius would be releasing each book of the New Testament separately and I would prefer to have the entire New Testament text and commentary in one book. So I decided to wait, guessing that eventually they would release a version that included all the books of the New Testament in one book.

My patience is about to pay off, as I just noticed that Amazon is accepting pre-orders for the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament. My long wait is almost over.
Hey, me too! The buying of early versions (though I went ahead and bought the gospels and Acts before stopping), the realization that $10 for each book of the New Testament (or so) was a hefty price to pay, and now the excitement that they are being put together into one volume. Woohoo!

And much thanks to Eric Sammons who I didn't realize I was mirroring all these years for the alert on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment