Friday, September 24, 2010

Not Always Happy ... Again

The Crescat notes about herself, "the more I aggressively take charge of a situation the more out of control it becomes."

This is not always my experience, but her solution does echo something I am glad that I have recourse to.


In a current "no matter what the problem is, it's always a people problem" portion of my life ... you know, the one where people discover that Happy Catholic is much nicer on the blog than in real life ... I must say that everything goes better with prayer.

No miracle has happened. No angels are singing (that I can hear, anyway). But it has been of great comfort to me that I am able to turn to God in prayer. To pray for those pesky people who do not agree with me. To hope that they are likewise praying for me in turn. To also hope that all of us may be turning to God to ask what He wants in this situation. To ask what resolution would serve His plan best.

Yes, that's a comfort.

As I say, it hasn't solved the problem. That is what we are here to do. To listen to each other, to hammer out a solution, and maybe to grow personally while doing so.

It doesn't mean I won't have to give up my passionately held position. I may have to do so. That's life. And a little piece of me will die when I do, if that's how it works out. That's also life.

You win some. You lose some.

You try to be gracious, whichever happens.

And you remember that these everyday moments, the ones that turn us to God, are blessed no matter how we feel about them. Because anything that pulls us one step closer to God, during which we try to align ourselves to His will instead of our own ... well, that is a blessing.

Making one more reason that I'm always so happy to be Catholic.

2 comments: