Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Novena to St. Michael the Archangel

Jason from Catholic Dads invites us to join them in beginning a novena to St. Michael.
September 29 is the feast day of Saint Michael, Saint Gabriel, and Saint Raphael, Archangels.

We invite all Catholic Dads to pray the Novena to St. Michael beginning on September 21. The last day of the Novena will then fall on the September 29 feast day.
I'm glad to be reminded of it. I have a special fondness for the archangels and angels in general, though of late I have forgotten when their feast day falls. So this is very timely.

I am posting the prayer below, for my own personal reference, but Catholic Dads will be posting it every day, if you swing by there.

Glorious St. Michael, guardian and defender of the Church of Jesus Christ,
come to the assistance of His followers,
against whom the powers of hell are Unchained.
Guard with special care our Holy Father, the Pope, and our bishops, priests,
all our religious and lay people, and especially the children.

St. Michael, watch over us during life,
defend us against the assaults of the demon,
and assist us especially at the hour of death.
Help us achieve the happiness of beholding God face to face for all eternity. Amen.

St. Michael, intercede for me with God in all my necessities, especially:

(state your specific request or intention here)

Obtain for me a favorable outcome in the matter I recommend to you.
Mighty prince of the heavenly host, and victor over rebellious spirits,
remember me for I am weak and sinful and so prone to pride and ambition.
Be for me, I pray, my powerful aid in temptation and difficulty,
and above all do not forsake me in my last struggle with the powers of evil.
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Tante Léonie9/21/10, 11:06 AM

    Thanks for posting this, Julie!

    I will definitely be doing this novena as I have an intention that certainly can use the assistance and intercession of St. Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I will be joining as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. My oldest son has left the faith. He chose St. Michael as his confirmation name, so I thought I would look up the novena and pray for his return. Though few may comment, I am sure many have been helped by the post. God's blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete