Friday, May 27, 2011

Something I Really Like: Creatively Wrapped Gifts

I opened a box. Which had another box in it.

Opened that box. Which had another box in it.

Opened that box. Which had another box in it.

Opened that box. Which had ... finally ... a wooden top lying in it.

I took the top out, thinking, "I should know this from somewhere. What does this mean?"

I spun the top, thinking but also confused. (Remember, we'd been to Victor Tango's which meant cocktails! Yes, I'm using drink as my excuse.)

Rose said, "Listen!" and turned her iTouch up high. Played the theme music from Inception.

"INCEPTION!" I shouted.

(Then she got the dvd from where she'd hidden it.)

Now, that is what I call thinking OUTSIDE the box! (ha!)

2 comments:

  1. That's very creative! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my Father bought my Mother a clothes dryer for Christmas. The box under the tree contained nothing but dirty clothes - which was a very confusing present when first opened until he lead her down to the basement with the dryer and wiring installed to support it.

    As for me I like creating my own bows, something I have done since a kid using the trusty glue gun, staples and a variety of ribbon used for my custom made bows. Sometimes they liked my bows better than the presents inside.

    ReplyDelete