Monday, July 11, 2011

"Faith isn't leaping from Point A to Point B. It's leaping from Point A."

What was holding me back was knowing that getting sober meant that everything would change, and I had absolutely no idea what that meant. I could imagine what an alcohol-free life would look like. I saw no friends. I saw loneliness. Mostly, I saw a huge emptiness and felt the fear.
DL at Step Zero has begun a blog to try to offer "a little help for those trying to take that first step away from addiction."

He begins by telling a bit of his own story.

I have known DL via email for sometime and have been privileged to know about some of his struggles. Honest, sincere, and a dedicated Catholic, I believe that DL is going to offer a good resource.

I have always been very thankful that my own addictions are to much less harmful substances than alcohol or drugs. That said, I think we all struggle with our disordered desires and I think that this site will have something to say to everyone. Certainly the first post speaks to me about something I've been wrestling with lately.

Go by, check it out, and welcome DL to the blogosphere!

3 comments:

  1. Could you please pass a message along to the blog's author? I was inclined to comment, but there's no way of signing in to comment that doesn't involve connecting to my real identity, and I just don't know that I want to reveal my 12-step experience in public.

    Anyway, thank him/her for beginning to blog. I'll be following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Message received and appreciated by DL! He's going to look into why anonymous comments aren't working on the blog, because that is part of the point, after all, that you can be anonymous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been fixed. Operator error is to blame. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete