Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dear Mom!


If we all were in Glendale today, I'd get Mom this Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake because I know how delicious everything from Porto's Bakery is.
One layer of rich chocolate-fudge cake, one layer of white sponge cake, one layer of raspberry mousse, and one layer of chocolate mousse...
Although, now that I think of it, if we were in the same place I would make her a cake with my own two hands, which would be a pleasure.

However, she is in Florida and I am in Texas. We had a good talk over the phone this morning but that isn't the same as being there in person. (I am quite thankful for the phone and for video Skype, which are both so much better than a letter at "being there.)

I'm making Mom's gift and am still working away on it, so she'll have to take my best wishes for a wonderful day until then.

Love you Mom! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment